Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Jump to the business model!

Well, not quite. In fact, my advisors have been urging me to forget about the business model and concentrate on the social need.

And I really do believe that some combination of mobile storytelling, camera phones, and social networks can help increase understanding between the developed and developing world by creating deeper individual connections.

However, that being said, it's interesting to see how something I was thinking about is already a web 2.0 company, and namedropped on TechCrunch, no less.

Skipping ahead, I had the thought that once people were able to tell their own stories, the ones who lived in consumer-focused environments would (or at least could) create "user-generated content" that would have real value to companies.

This posting talks about a company called ViTrue, who just landed A-round funding from Comcast and Turner.

No comments: