Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pre-blog: 1st day of Communities & Technology conference

Well, here I am in beeyooutiful Michigan, at the MSU campus. I saw lightning for the first time in a long while. Thunderstorms are one of the things I miss living in San Francisco.

Anyway, I just got in last night and met up with a few people at the cocktail reception. It looks like it's going to be a great conference. I met a woman from Australia who's presenting on a generative 'what's the community mood' sculpture, and chatted for a bit with Joe McCarthy from NRC. I went back and re-read his blog, which is always inspiring.

This morning, I'm presenting my paper at a session called ICT for Business Clusters in Emerging Markets. I think it's going to be great. My basic idea for this paper is that media education, in particular mobile or digital storytelling can always be effective for participants in self-expression and digital education. And when it's properly aligned with industry and government, there is huge potential for job opportunities and even job creation.

I'll try to blog throughout the conference.

No comments: