Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Skype on my phone?

This has been pretty widely covered on mobile phone blogs, but it was still news to me. I'm planning a vacation trip to Turkey (late summer vacation), and was looking for different applications I could load my phone up with since I'm not bringing a laptop.

And one of the best discoveries so far was an application called fring which finally connects your phone to skype, MSN, GTalk, or most any SIP-based voice over IP service. So if you have a wifi phone, you can now connect to skype directly from your phone!

Pretty cool.

In other, more project related news, we're wrapping up some awesome neighborhood videos that I'll be promoting here and elsewhere in the next few days.

You can see some of them linked from my Vox blog if you just can't wait.

No comments: